Teen Literature Update 2012
Event Type: Online/web-based
Contact: Stanley Strauss
Thu, 04/26/2012 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
About the Event
Are you wondering:
- What the latest thing in YA literature is?
- Who are the emerging authors, and the ones falling out of favor?
- What are the best resources for evaluating books for YAs?
- If graphic novels are just comic books in disguise?
- If reading online is really reading?
The world of young adult literature is an inherently dynamic one and one that, in the last decade, has become among the most active in publishing. Each new publishing season brings a plethora of new titles, new forms, and new formats, many of which require new methods of evaluation. Keeping up with all of these changes and the new titles flooding the market can be a full-time job. This webinar will help students identify new trends and the best new titles and resources for collection development.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will be familiar with current:
- Trends informing the dynamic field of young adult literature
- YA Fiction – both novels of realism and genre fiction – that are “first selections” for YA collections
- Non-fiction for both recreational and classroom use
- Graphic novels and comics
- Useful resources for collection development
This webinar will be of interest to both public and school library staff with young adult collection development responsibilities.