Storing and Managing Digital Collections
Event Type: Online/web-based
Contact: Stanley Strauss
Tue, 02/07/2012 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
About the Event
In the third part of our four-part series on Digital Preservation, this webinar will present and explain:
• Core concepts in the storage and maintenance of digital collections.
• How computers store data and the significant aspects of disk- and tape- based systems, including RAID arrays and “cloud” storage
• Basic trends in storage pricing and availability
• Common reference and assessment models for digital libraries, including the Open Archival Information System (OAIS) and Trusted Repository Audit and Certification (TRAC)
• How these technologies and standards manifest themselves in a some common digital repository and content management systems.
Participants will be able to evaluate costs and benefits of different storage methods, the applicability of repository software for their needs, and gain a framework for evaluating their immediate and hypothetical storage needs.
This presentation is the third in the series. Archived webinars are available at:
Digital Preservation: Fundamentals: http://infopeople.org/training/digital-preservation-fundamentals
Digital Preservation: Fundamentals: Text and Images Formats: http://infopeople.org/training/digital-preservation-fundamentals-formats
Presented by: Jacob Nadal