BCR Weblive: Cataloging Using the OCLC Connexion Client
Tue, 08/14/2007 - 3:00am - Thu, 08/16/2007 - 5:00am
About the Event
This three-day online course will introduce library staff to OCLC's client interface to the Connexion service and demonstrate how to use it efficiently. Focus will be on using the software for new and copy cataloging and will include how to:
- Apply known search techniques to the new interface.
- Edit existing records to better suit the needs of your library.
- Create new records from scratch or from existing records.
- Export records for use in your own local system.
- Work offline using the software's batch capabilities.
- Create labels using the built-in label program.
This class is taught on three consecutive days. Students need to attend all sessions to get the most out of the workshop.
Presented by: Regan Harper
Cost: BCR members