Creating and Maintaining an Engaging School Library Website (LE@D)
A self-paced, web-delivered course offered by LE@D - University of North Texas. You will need an account with WebJunction to register for this course. The WebJunction account is free; the LE@D course costs $40. LE@D's course description follows:
This tutorial is a basic introduction to designing a web page for your school library or media center. The idea of building a website can be somewhat daunting with so many considerations that often we get stuck before we get out of first gear.
It is the intent of this tutorial to clear a path to the finish line by offering you the tools to make sense of the clutter and to assist you in taking your first steps in designing your own web page.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a purposeful web page that reflects the goals and mission of your school
- Evaluate good and bad web pages
- Make choices on style and content
- Understand terminology of basic web design
- Select the correct software and authoring tools for your particular situation
This is a Web-based course approved for certification under the Western Council of State Libraries.