Spring CSD meeting at the Albany Public Library!
Topics: Youth Services
Contact: Esther Moberg
Fri, 03/05/2010 - 9:30am - 4:00pm
About the Event
The children's Services Division 2010 Spring Workshop will be
held on Friday, March 5th from 10:00 am-4:00 pm at the Albany Public Library. This
year's morning sessions will be presented by celebrated author
Virginia Euwer Wolff and co-presenter Jim Tindall. They will be exploring the topics
of "How to host an author or illustrator at your library" and "How to
present a reader's theater" based on Virginia's book, "Bat 6",
one of the Oregon Reads books of 2009. This is also your chance to share
your creative ideas for programs, activities, crafts, and more - inspired by
this year's "Make a Splash-Read" and "Make Waves at your library" summer
reading themes. At lunchtime, we will be presenting the Evelyn Sibley Lampman
award to a "librarian, author, or educator who has made a significant
contribution in the areas of literature and/or library service for the benefit
of the children of Oregon".
Registration is $20 which includes a catered lunch. The registration
deadline is February 24th. The registration form will be
available online at the OLA CSD website:
If you have questions about this workshop, please contact Esther
Moberg CSD Summer Reading Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Presented by: Virginia Euwer Wolff
Among other notable books, she is the author of the award-winning series, Make Lemonade. Make Lemonade is a series about a 14-year-old girl named LaVaughn, who babysits for the children of a 17-year-old single mother. The series has three books. The sequel, True Believer, won the National Book Award for Young People's Literature.
Her book "Bat 6" was chosen for the statewide "Oregon Reads" program as the middle ages book for 2009.
- This Full House First ed. New York: HarperCollins Children's Books 2009. ISBN 9780061583049
- True believer First ed. New York: Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2001. ISBN 0689852886 (and many other editions)
- Bat 6 Holt, Rinehart and Winston 1998 ISBN: 0030662796
- Review, Kirkus 05/01/1998
- Oregon Reads 2009 Selection
- Make Lemonade. First ed. , Henry Holt and Co. , 1993 (and many other editions)
- Award: American Library Association (ALA) Notable Children's Book
- Award: American Library Association (ALA) Best Book for Young Adults
- Award: Booklist Top of the List winner
- The Mozart Season. 1st ed. New York: Holt, 1991.
- Probably Still Nick Swansen. 1st ed. New York: H.Holt, 1988.
- Rated PG New York: St. Martin's Press, 1981.